Thursday, July 5, 2018

Not One Good Thing 7/5/2018

Good Morning,

Door County Cherry Crème Coffee is calling me to the kitchen. I need to write first. This looks to be another hot day in my part of the world.
 
Psalm 16:2 New International Version (NIV)
I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
    apart from you I have no good thing.”

Rene and I believe we have a few nice things in and around our home. We do cherish the ones that come along with a story or a memory. I have a few hunting trophies on the wall that I am proud of and we certainly have some nice dishes.



When I look outside, baring a natural disaster it looks like we will have some great apples to pick in three months. We have each other and that is a beautiful thing. But the most prized possession is our relationship with God. Nothing we have or will have can compare to Him. Even with a home full of beautiful things, without God we really HAVE NOTHING, Someone once said " If we meet and you forget me, you have lost nothing. If you meet God and forget Him you have lost everything." The sum of my existence will some day be divided up. My treasures will become someone else's treasure or be tossed into the trash. But nothing can separate me from His love. Despite any riches I have, without God I have nothing good at all.

Romans 8:38-39 King James Version (KJV)
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Food for thought,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment