Sunday, July 15, 2018

The World Would Be Quieter If ??? 7/15/2018

Good Morning,

It took me three attempts to write "Good Morning" in my salutation today. My hands are a bit sore from cutting firewood yesterday. But now things are moving along,  at a slow pace. I held my hands around a very hot cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee and it took the stiffness away as the heat was absorbed into my hands. I guess I found another reason to drink coffee. It's hot here again today and our neighbor invited us for a swim in their pool. It might be an option for the day.



My thoughts on world noise. This is my opinion that there just seems to be more idle, useless and sometimes hurtful  chatter than ever before. There are two kinds of this chatter to consider. There is the verbal spoken type that literally makes noise and now we have the mind noise of social media.

In many instances the chatter can be good if it is lifting others up and being used for good. Then there is the type of noise that is "pot stirring" and really not needed. People would be wise to follow God's instructions on communications. I think we could cut down the mind noise of the world substantially.
 
Ephesians 4:29 New International Version (NIV)
29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

God gives clear instructions about running others down, complaining, being mean, and pot stirring.
If the world would take notice of His communications plan there would be more thought put into the words that come out of our mouths. There is, I believe a contagious disease traveling the world and it is "Diarrhea Of The Mouth" .Our mouths runneth over with talk that hurts others and could be called gossip.
Matthew 12:36 New King James Version (NKJV)
36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

Let's enjoy some peace and quiet today and have conversations that help others and stimulate relationships. Let's avoid the noise of the world that promotes strife, conflict, hurt, and anguish. Let's make our part of the world a better place today.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment