Thursday, July 26, 2018

Pasta Sauce And God's Blessing 7/26/2018

Good Morning,

I just filled my Mug with Door County Dublin's Delight Coffee. I grabbed some cherries for breakfast, and now it is time to share some thoughts for the day.



Our tomato plants started producing some great tomatoes and I had many to process last night. But what this house needed was the smell of fresh pasta sauce simmering on the stove. So instead of canning tomatoes I made pasta sauce. The aroma is still lingering in the house this morning. I for one love that aroma! Someone should start making pasta sauce scented candles.

Now what's the big deal about pasta sauce? You can purchase a jar of it in any grocery store. I for one always believe that home made is the best. Secondly, there is just something about eating the fruits of your own labor.

The aroma also takes me back to my boyhood and my recipe smells and tastes just like the sauce my grandmother made. The memory of her kitchen floods my mind and warms my heart.

Again God knows what we need and when I add it all up. I Thank Him on several fronts.

He brought Rene and I to this piece of land and helped us to afford building a home here. The garden came a year later. He gave us the sunshine that ripens the tomatoes. He has watered them with rain. He gave me an Italian grandmother who didn't mind teaching us how to make a dish or two. So for me, the pasta sauce is more than a tasty dish to cover rigatoni and meatballs. It is comfort, memories, aroma, and reward all in one. My soul has been troubled lately with many things on my mind and the aroma of the sauce let me know that despite how I feel and what I am thinking, God loves me and knew just what I needed. He knew it before I brought the tomatoes into the house. God is truly with all of us. He showed Himself today with the blessings of a tomato.
 
Psalm 23 New King James Version (NKJV).
23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.


Look for your blessings today. Count every one of them. I count all of you as a blessing.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment