Sunday, July 22, 2018

Good Morning World. How Are You?

Good Morning,

I started my day a couple hours ago and it greeted me with a cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee. The house smells like Nueske's Bacon and a tired dog just laid down next to me on the floor.

Psalm 127:3-4 New International Version (NIV)
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
    offspring a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
    are children born in one’s youth.

I ask "how are you this morning"? Why? Because wherever you are I am hoping you can find even, just a glimmer of good, happiness, peace, or joy. That is my prayer for anyone who is reading this today.



We have been blessed for the last few days to have our daughter, son in law and 1 grandson visiting from Florida. They left for the airport a few minutes ago and as I reflected on our time together, I saw rainy skies without a reprieve for three days. It left a "damper" on plans that were made. But we laughed together. They helped me with a few things needing to be done. We visited, indulged a little on some bakery and other delights, The dog gained weight from all the treats tossed his way, but most of all for three days we were together. It was "fragmented togetherness" because of work commitments , but just hearing the door squeak going in and out of our daughter's old room brought back a flood of memories. Let the next home owners repair the squeak, it is music to my ears. So for us, having them leave for home makes the house seem a little empty right now, but we will work our way to visiting them next.

So despite some teary eyes right now, I know we were blessed for three days and God knew what I needed and He put a smile on my heart. I hope He paints your face with a smile too.

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment