Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Finding That Quiet Place In The Woods 7/11/2018

Good Morning World.

If someone has not told you today that you are loved, let me be the first one. Love to all of you.
Starting my day with an old favorite flavor of coffee for me. It is Door County Chocolate Cherry.





Once a year I travel to do a little pheasant hunting in Western Wisconsin with a few good friends. I have been going to the same place for about 25 years. It is just for a day or two. Our outfitter has a lot of acreage that we can hunt. He also has two places where we can sleep. An old farm house which is well equipped and a cabin way back in the woods. I always choose the cabin. It is well equipped and has some bunk beds for sleeping. Often I hear one of my buddies say. "Hey there isn't any cell phone reception here." I think to myself "I know and isn't that nice?" Quiet!!!!  For a few years I actually have been heading up there the night before with just my dog (Gibbs), a study book, a bible, and me. The other guys arrive the next day just before noon. Now I am not anti social but I am always 7 kinds of busy. I go there alone to binge on time with God, pray and listen to Him.



Jeremiah 33:3
'Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'

I look forward to the guys arriving. I do miss my wife and home but sometimes you just need that quiet place alone with God. I do have quiet times at home but some how there is always a distraction or two.

Mark 1:35-37

35 Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed. 36 And Simon and those who were with Him searched for Him. 37 When they found Him, they said to Him, “Everyone is looking for You.”
 

Where do you go to get this kind of time with God? I have to say that I know it is important to do so.

Find a place, a park for an hour, a spot by a lake, a closet, your favorite spot! You think you are alone there, but you aren't. God is with you!

Go today in peace. Have a great day.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment