Wednesday, June 21, 2017

When Tomorrow Never Comes. 6/21/2017

Good Morning!

I sure am glad that I brought some Door County Cherry Crème Coffee with me for my short road trip today. Now that was some good thinking ahead, even for a forgetful guy like me.



Matthew 5:37New King James Version (NKJV)
37 But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

I think we have all experienced a broken promise or two. I am sure we all have missed on keeping a promise ourselves now and then. Even though they might be infrequent, the broken promises often leave a lasting impression, especially on children.

We need to be people who keep their word. Children are very forgiving but when promised that you will do something with them tomorrow and tomorrow never comes except to offer excuses, they soon seek others who can keep a promise. Very often these "word keepers" are using some slick talk to gain something from a child which all too often is not the best for the child. When you promise to be there with them after work, but one or more beers prevent you from coming home and keeping your promise, time after time, that young forgiving heart soon turns hard. It is better to not have promised than to have to break a promise. A hard heart is very difficult to soften, when it has been scarred by broken promises.

A promise to a child is a vow we make and every vow is witnessed by God. We tend to forget that. A man or woman is known for their word.

Psalm 89:34English Standard Version (ESV)
34 I will not violate my covenant
    or alter the word that went forth from my lips.
Kids imitate what they witness?  What are you teaching them? Are you teaching them to be straight shooters or to be untruthful in their word to others?
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment