Thursday, June 29, 2017

Waking Up Happy 6/29/2017

Good Morning,

I am up and at it early today and I just poured a big cup of Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee. I have a busy couple of days coming up and I need to stay in a good mood despite the volume of things needing to be done.

I asked myself this question. Can you do all of this, tire yourself out and stay in a decent mood? That was more than a question. I decided that I need to focus on staying approachable and kind. But how am I going to do that?

Here's the plan.

1. Rest when I can.
2. Eat power foods and keep them light. Lots of salad and fruit. Protein will be nuts and chicken.
3. Specifically pray about being in a good mood.
4. Count my blessings when I get out of bed over the next three days.
5. Read Scripture with power verses.
6. Get plenty of fresh air.

In counting my blessings when I first wake up I need to acknowledge that I woke up. I am not in hell and it is more than I deserve. Be thankful for what I eat, where I sleep, for my family, friends and a job. Most of all I need to thank God for watching over me and sustaining me.



I looked up some verses on power and strength and they will go with me.

Ephesians 6:10New International Version (NIV)
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

Philippians 4:13New King James Version (NKJV)
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


Isaiah 40:29-31New International Version (NIV)

29 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.
 
In order to wake up happy, and stay that way I need a plan. This one looks good to me.
 
Have a great day!
 
Marty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment