Monday, June 5, 2017

A Prayer In The Sun 6/5/2017

Good Morning,

Monday arrived in a flurry, or so it seems.  I awoke to the sound of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee brewing in the kitchen. So the day begins with prayer and a banana for breakfast.



I am a little sore this morning. Our nephew Matt, Rene and I went out to play cow pasture pool yesterday afternoon. (Golf) It has been a few years since I broke out the golf clubs and endured the torture of having Rene out-golf me once again.

It was very warm out yesterday and as I looked up into the sun, I wiped my brow and started to think about someone a few states away. I wondered how he was doing and what his day was like. Lately I have been praying without ceasing for this same person. So just before we started to chase the ball in the cow pasture I prayed again.

I prayed for a blessing from God for this person and a cool place to rest. I can be assured that God heard my prayer, and in that I am content.

We don't need a special place to pray, and we can launch into prayer at anytime. I believe the Holy sprit prompts me to prayer. When I think of that person , it causes me to pray. It doesn't take long and you can walk and pray at the same time. I think we need to spend more time in prayer and especially when the Holy Spirit prompts us to. Who knows? Someone might be praying for you right now.

Philippians 1New International Version (NIV)
Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus,
To all God’s holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons.
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanksgiving and Prayer

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

Have a great day. Pray for someone.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment