Friday, June 9, 2017

The Queen Of My Heart

Good Morning,

Friday can be seen just over the top of my glasses. Mix that with a cup of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee and I must say that this day has great possibilities.

 
 
 
Pictured above is the Queen Of Hearts. I was rearranging some old treasures of mine and I came across this antique deck of cards from The Chicago Northwestern Railroad. The deck belonged to my grandparents. Many a night was spent playing cards with them and other family members. So the deck of cards took me on a trip down memory lane for a short time last night. I took this picture and Rene asked me what I was doing. I told her that I was going to display it on my blog, but I did not tell her that I would be writing about her today. She will find out later.
 
Rene and I both know that in order for us to be solid as a couple our first love needs to be God. Our second love needs to be family. As my wife for the last thousand years Rene has played many roles within the role of being a wife. She plays the role of partner in good or bad times, family nurse, gardener, laundry person, advisor, gardener, jokester, delivery person, point of inspiration, mother, ministry partner, correspondence expert, and Santa Claus. The list of her roles in this marriage could go on and on.
 
Her main role is Queen Of My Heart. She captured that title a thousand years ago. I am not writing this on an anniversary for us, but it is to be a reminder to be thankful for that special partner God shared with you every day.  If you have been blessed with a spouse that completes you and makes you a better man or a better woman, BE THANKFUL. Tell them that they are the "cream for your coffee, the ketchup on your fries, the candy bar on your shelf, whatever hokey line you use, tell them.
 
Tell them that you are thankful to God for them and for Him arranging for you to meet. Celebrate your blessing and enjoy. Pray for them and pray for blessings over them. Praying over your spouse is not only a necessity, but it is also a privilege. God loves us so much, and he loves to hear our hearts for our loved ones. Praying Scripture over them is a wonderful way to bless our husband or wife, because it speaks prophetically over them. Here is one passage that I like to pray over Rene.
Just a little food for thought. Try it. You may like it.
 
Numbers 6:24-26New King James Version (NKJV)
24 “The Lord bless you and keep you;
25 The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
26 The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.”
 
 
 
God bless,
 
Marty

2 comments:

  1. Very fitting message for me that couldn't have come a a more perfect time. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete