Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The Two Shriners Grow Older 6/6/2017

Good Morning,

Here's to drinking a hot cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee and eating a few grapes for breakfast. This is shaping up the day nicely.




On Sunday I needed to carry into our home  a very heavy piece of furniture. Heavy is an understatement to say the least. I was wise enough to call for some help and my help was wise enough to call for one more good friend to assist us inside, and then up a flight of stairs. My back is still a little tender.

Two of my helpers I have known since birth. They are our nephews Nick and Matt. When I needed help and called on them they showed up on time and went right to it. I worked with them and with four guys, a tough job was made a little easier.

I sat back later and recalled watching those two guys grow from babies into the men they are today. I remembered wrestling with those two munchkins on the floor when they were small enough to throw around and tickle. Now here they were, helping this old uncle wrestle furniture. I am proud of those two guys and I don't tell them that enough. Somethings never change though. One of them still spills things and the other needs to have keys tied to his wrist. But they turned out to be loyal to family and always have a little time to visit their aunt and uncle. They know that God, Family and they are Third.  We have been blessed to be a small part of their lives and look forward to seeing them someday with their own kids. Never give up on a kid! Always be willing to work right beside them. They turn out pretty to be good men.

Proverbs 22:6King James Version (KJV)
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment