Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Time Passes By Too Fast 6/13/2017

Good Morning,

I am a little foggy eyed this morning. I started work early yesterday and came home late. I retreated to the garage where I am working on wooden project for Rene. I stayed at it a little too long. Before I knew it, Rene was reminding me that it was pretty late and that getting up in the morning might be a chore. She was right as always. So here I am sipping a cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee and hoping for the best.



Last night I buried myself in a project just to let off steam and to try and finish my endeavor. Most cabinet makers or wood workers would have been done by now, but I am not a craftsman in their class. I do enjoy making things or restoring them no matter how long it takes. Where did the time go. Well 20 minutes was spent looking for a tool that I misplaced. It should have been put back where it belonged the last time I used it.

God designed the day to be 24 hours and no matter how we try we cannot change 24 into 25. I have tried that stunt all of my life and never succeeded even once. I have found that when it seems like the days just pass by too fast and I don't get done all that needed to get done and it is a repeat day after day it is time to evaluate my expenditure of time. I found that all too often I was my own worst enemy. I needed to rearrange the way I do things.

For instance, I decided to close my office door for an hour yesterday and let the phone go to voice mail. No interruptions for an hour helped me to finish what I estimated as a 1.5 hour duty in 45 minutes. No one got hurt, no one missed out on anything, and I plan on doing it again.

Next I rearranged my desk to be more productive. This was a chore, but when I could reach for the current project report in a second, I was thrilled.

God has a little to say about time management and being organized.

1 Corinthians 14:40English Standard Version (ESV)
40 But all things should be done decently and in order.


Ephesians 5:15-16 English Standard Version (ESV)
15 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.
 
I had to look at my own schedule to see where I could make better use of my day. What I found was that I allowed myself and others to steer me away from my goal, I own that one! How about you? Can you gain some time in the day by challenging yourself to look at the schedule and how you approach it?
 
Have a blessed day,
 
Marty
 
 

4 comments: