Thursday, June 22, 2017

A Few Bible Verses On Hope 6/22/2017

Good Morning,

I am back at home today and it feels good to wake up to a familiar shaggy buddy waiting to be let out and fed. The Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee is brewing in the kitchen and I see that my wife remembered to take her lunch. This day started out aces up.



I attended our church elders meeting last night and as we prayed through a list of sad happenings I really just wanted to leave, go home and read my Bible. I was thinking about what and who we were praying for and all I wanted was to hear from God and have Him shed some light and hope.

I went home and found what I was looking for and I thought I would just share the simplistic message of a few verses I read on hope. You might not need these, but you just might know someone who does.

John 14:27New International Version (NIV)
27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Isaiah 41:10New International Version (NIV)
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


Joshua 10:25New International Version (NIV)
25 Joshua said to them, “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
Be strong and courageous. This is what the Lord will do to all the enemies you are going to fight.”

 Isaiah 43:2New International Version (NIV)
When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.
 
 There are many, many more verses that inspire hope and I think that I will write another day's worth tomorrow. One can never have too much hope.

Enjoy my Dear Friends and pray for one another.

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment