Monday, June 19, 2017

Fishing With Friends 6/19/2017

Good Morning,

I pray that all of you are well today and in a good frame of mind. I just pored a cup of Door County Swedish Lingonberry Tart Coffee and it is steaming next to me. Part of drinking a good cup of coffee is to enjoy the aroma.



I mentioned in the opening line today that I hope you are in a good frame of mind. Have you ever just had to say STOP to your world and then go and find your mind? That happens to me now and then when I get too busy, or life just doesn't make sense. I need to take some time and get my head on straight again. I did that this weekend. I went fishing with 5 friends on Lake Michigan. We were on a very comfortable boat, the weather was perfect and it was seasoned with a nice breeze. The boat had a very comfortable chair and it was positioned just right so I could feel the breeze across my face. The sun was warm but not too hot and before very long I stopped participating in the bantering among friends and silently started to pray. It wasn't long after I started praying that I fell asleep. I felt safe, content and at peace. Each of us was blessed to take home some beautiful fish filets and we shot a few pictures. But I walked away knowing that I restored a depleted body and soul. Jesus would often get away with His friends and pray. He knew it was important to be in prayer and also Jesus knew to rest. I have  for that last few weeks had someone on my mind and have committed myself to be in prayer without ceasing. It has led to a few sleepless nights.



Mark 6:30-32New International Version (NIV)
30 The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught. 31 Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”
32 So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place.

During my adventure/retreat yesterday I was able to pray and then God closed my eyes and let the wind whisper on my face.

Every now and then we need to retreat and realign our minds, thoughts, and our heart. Rest should not be a stranger to us. We need to break through the clutter of our hearts and minds. We need to "unclutter".

Only you and God know when you need rest. When we invite God to our rest area He provides the sleep. He knows that we need to rest. He invites us to rest and He watches over us while we do.

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment