Monday, January 2, 2017

Never Bored 1/2/17

Good Morning.

I just poured a hot cup of Door County Red Velvet Mocha to round out my morning.

I was thinking about the year 2016 in review and contemplating 2017. As I looked back I can honestly  say that I was never bored. There were good times and bad times. I saw miracles and I saw pain. I saw beauty and I saw some disturbing things. I saw little babies be born and I watched as some were laid to eternal rest. I laughed and I cried. But I was never bored with life.

2017 will have some of the same but in all actuality it will be different. But as all of my 60 years have been, 2017 will not be boring. God has created each day and each day like snowflakes is unique. If I sat still and dwelled on the things I did not like about 2016 I would be stuck an unable to enjoy the things 2017 will bring.



As I look out the window at my sleeping trees and bushes I see the potential for spring flowers. When God awakes those buds I want to be able to enjoy them. For they are new and made for me to see. I will not be bored and hung up on the things I cannot control or did not like.

Set your sights on each day. Live it to the fullest and you will never be bored. Each day, each week, will have time built in for everything under the sun. If you give each it's due time you will see life as never boring. Don't allow yourself to get stuck in one day, or one week. You will miss parts of 2017 that you shouldn't.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8New International Version (NIV)

A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.
 
Go ahead into 2017, you can't stop it anyway. Enjoy the day, don't live in the past. You can't bring it back.
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment