Monday, January 23, 2017

Symptoms Of Cold, Symptoms Of A Cold Heart 1/23/2016

Good Morning,

The Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee can't brew fast enough for me today. I have a busy week ahead of me as always.



We all know the symptoms of a cold. But just in case, I will repost those for all of us. Typically we can diagnose a cold ourselves. But for me, it always seems like a cold sneaks up on me without warning.

People may experience:
Pain areas: in the muscles
Cough: can be with phlegm
Nasal: congestion, runny nose, sneezing, loss of smell, redness, or post-nasal drip
Whole body: chills, fatigue, fever, malaise, or body ache
Eyes: watery eyes, itchiness, or redness
Head: congestion or sinus pressure
Also common: chest discomfort, headache, swollen lymph nodes, or throat irritation

Some common cold remedies are;

Unfortunately, colds don’t have a treatment that works 100 percent of the time. The list of home remedies for colds is extensive. Many are anecdotal and passed down from generation to generation, though a few do have some merit if you’re looking for symptom relief. These are the ones I use.
The most common home remedies used to treat cold symptoms include:

Rest and hydration. Resting helps your body fight the invading virus. One of the most common symptoms is fatigue, so you’ll need the extra down time anyway.

Ingesting water, tea, and soups is a great way to stay hydrated. When you have a cold your body uses a lot of fluid to fight the infection and produce nasal fluids. This means that you’ll need to hydrate more than you would on a normal day. I always neglect this advice and I have had colds get much worse.

Saltwater gargle

Soothe a sore throat with a warm water and salt gargle. Dissolve 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water. Gargle with the water for a few seconds two to three times a day.

Healing foods

Ginger is often effective at reducing sore throats and easing coughs. Shave a few thin pieces of ginger into a cup of hot water. Let it steep for a few minutes, and then sip. Honey is another great option. Honey is antibacterial and antimicrobial. Adding honey to your hot tea may help reduce coughing and ease a sore throat.

Herbs

Echinacea is a popular alternative treatment in Native American traditions. Today, it’s used as an alternative treatment. The flavonoids in the herb may boost your immune system and reduce inflammation caused by the cold virus.

Probiotics

The bacteria in your gut have a big impact on your overall health. Research shows that the higher your concentration of good bacteria in your gut, the easier fighting off illnesses will be.
With this in mind, it may be beneficial to eat plenty of yogurt while you’re sick. You may also wish to take a daily probiotic supplement. The added good bacteria may help ease symptoms of your cold. It can also reduce your risks for developing another cold in the future.

Cold Heart  Disease

We can also let a cold heart sneak up on us. Before we know it we have become like cold slabs of fish in our marriages. The potential is there for a great meal, but the desire to cook it is gone. Before too long the fish begins to stink. A way to diagnose the start of a cold heart is to compare your actions, and thoughts to Scripture.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7New International Version (NIV)
Love is patient, (Am I?) love is kind (Am I?). It does not envy( Do I?), it does not boast,( Do I?) it is not proud.(Am I Prideful?) It does not dishonor others(Do I Talk Poorly About My Spouse?) it is not self-seeking,(Is It Always About Me?) it is not easily angered(Am I An Anger Hag?), it keeps no record of wrongs( Am I Forgiving?). Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.(Do I Tell The Truth/) It always protects, (Do I?) always trusts(Do I?), always hopes(Do I?), always perseveres( Do I Consider Leaving?).

That being said. How did you do on the self exam of heart health in your marriage?

Any wrong answer signifies a weak spot in your heart and your relationship. Pray for help, admit you have a problem to your spouse. Set a goal and ask your spouse how you are doing on your weaknesses.  You will find that once you diagnose a problem, you will spend a little more time with the Great Physician. He is the mender of cold hearts in a marriage. Fix it before it becomes  contagious and you both are seeking life support for your marriage.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment