Friday, January 27, 2017

Do Me A Favor And Call Me Old School 1/27/2017

Good Morning,

Door County Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee is brewing in the kitchen and my oatmeal is almost done also. Friday arrived as promised and I for one am glad to see it.

I was listening to a guy who was talking about the different generations. The greatest generation, the baby boomers, gen x, and millennials. He was telling me all he knew on the subject. He guessed from my age that I am a "baby boomer". I never really thought of myself fitting into that generation. But I guess by age I have to fall in somewhere.



But I really prefer to be called old school. Some of my ideals have been tossed aside by others for new ways and different methods. I still believe the kitchen table is the place to gather and plates are meant to be used, then washed and put away. Pasta sauce is best when it is homemade. I believe that kids can be spanked. I believe that teachers are authorities and should be respected. I believe that parents are to blame for their kids poor education. I believe that people have the right to burn the flag of the United States, I also believe that it shows lack of respect and I would never burn the flag. I believe that every baby deserves a chance to live and that those who need help raising a child should receive it. If this makes me "Old School" I want to stay in school forever. Put the Ten Commandments back into the schools. I believe that if I treat you nicely, you should return the kindness.

  Ecclesiastes 5:3-6 Daydreaming comes when there are too many worries. Careless speaking comes when there are too many words. When you make a promise to God, don’t be slow to keep it because God doesn’t like fools. Keep your promise. It is better not to make a promise than to make one and not keep it. Don’t let your mouth talk you into committing a sin. Don’t say in the presence of a temple messenger, “My promise was a mistake!” Why should God become angry at your excuse and destroy what you’ve accomplished?

Further more I believe that a handshake binds a deal, and that the handshake is always delivered by looking the other person in the eye. I believe your yes should be yes and your no be a no. I believe that promises are to be kept and a person should keep their word.

Put me into whatever generation the media and magazines want to categorize people into, but please keep me in a class that is called "Old School". Like the picture above I might be older and run down, but I am still standing. I stand for my beliefs and don't waver on them like the wind, as others do.
I believe in finding solutions, not belly aching when I don't get my way.

Now this Old Guy needs to keep his word and go to work.

God bless,

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment