Saturday, January 21, 2017

Oh Politics!!!! 1/21/2017

Good Morning,

We are experiencing such weird weather here. Rain and fog instead of cold and snow. The dreariness helped me to pick my coffee flavor this morning. I am sipping on a hot mug of Door County Highlander Grog as the house warms up from a small fire in the hearth.



Well the United States inaugurated a new president. The election was quite contentious and now some are happy and some are displeased. I am a little of both. But it is not my goal to discus politics outside of Scripture. If you have read any of my writing you already know I am very conservative.

Yesterday we experienced several protests in the nation. Some were peaceful and some were not. We have laws in place to allow us to express ourselves freely. There are also laws in place to protect property and life. I have been displeased with the government in the past myself. But I value what God has to say much more and He gives us guidelines for behavior, that for me set a precedence as to how I react.  Lets take a look at a few.

1.    Ephesians 4:26New King James Version (NKJV)
 26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath,.

2.    Romans 13:1-7        
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;


3.    1 Timothy 2:1-3       
First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,        
                    
4.     Titus 3:1

Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed,
 
I wonder what could be accomplished if thousands met in prayer instead of gathering to shout or cause havoc. Maybe before our next election, time in prayer as a nation should be spent instead of arguing.
 
So as for me and our house. We respect  the rights of others to protest. But we choose to spend the time following what God says and will pray at home and attend prayer services. It has always seemed to me that God was a whole lot smarter than me, so I will trust His advice and guidelines. It's warmer inside and my coffee stays close.
 
God Bless,
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment