Monday, January 30, 2017

Try, Try And Try Again. Making Butter? 1/30/2017


Good Morning,

Wow, the weekend went by faster than I wanted. The mug sitting next to me is filled with Door County Jingle Bell Java Coffee. I wish we could share a cup and an English Muffin this morning.




I like to write about my adventures. One I haven't written about was my attempt at making butter at home. It really was one of those experiences that did not turn out very well at all. The butter I came up with at then end could best be described as the melted butter you see in a theatre just before they pump it on to your popcorn, and it was way too salty. I tried that stunt about two years ago and considered it a total failure.

But that butter churn keeps staring at me and the butter press/stamp for customizing my one pound bars sits on the shelf laughing at me.

They have taunted me into trying again. I will keep you all posted. It is not like me to quit trying at something until I can't go on anymore. I don't quit easy. But I guess just going to the store and purchasing butter is a lot easier. I lost sight of my goal. I wanted my own butter and it was going to be fresh. I was going to give it away as gifts.

In our Christian walk we will have failures, like committing to read through our Bibles in a year. Something comes up and we don't complete our goal. But we will never complete a goal if we quit.

We miss out on what God might have said in that Scripture or prayer time. We can start over and try to succeed again. But we should never quit. We should be faithful at church. For whatever reason folks stop going to church for awhile and then feel guilty about returning, so they don't. They quit on the family God gave to them.  If this is you, get back to church. Set a goal of not missing church, Bible study, fellowships or prayer meetings. Don't quit. Go back and start to grow again.

Hebrews 12:1-3New International Version (NIV)
12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart

God is our biggest Supporter. He is in your corner and cheering you on. Don't quit! Butter is going to happen this year!

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment