Friday, January 6, 2017

When I Grow Up 1/6/2017

Good Morning,

My cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee is waiting for me. Once I finish writing and praying it's coffee time.

I remember saying like every young child does, "When I grow up I am gonna"! That phrase was always accompanied by the goal of the week or the month. At one time I was going to be president of the United States and eat steak and eggs for breakfast every day. I also was going to play middle linebacker for the Packers.

I remember on one day saying 'when I grow up I am going to be a comedian. Well I grew up and none of that happened. I could write volumes about where life has taken me as I grew up. Now my wife Rene says that she is still waiting for me to grow up. You see, I still get so excited about the opening day of duck season that I can't sleep the night before. I am like a kid on Christmas Eve.

When I look back on my life I honestly have some regrets. But as I sit back in recall mode I see God had His hand in everything. Of course I made some bad choices but God was there to clean me up and continue our walk together. My walk with God became more intense and personal in 1981. Once that happened I could see more of God's directions on my life. I prayed because I was lonely. God made sure I lost my job and ended up taking a job in healthcare. That's where I met Rene.  He gave me a job for 33 years now and a wife. He knew what I needed.

Friends, our days on Earth are limited and what a waste they would be if we didn't see God's hand on our lives. From conception, to correction, to direction, and to the end.

Psalm 37:23King James Version (KJV)
23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delights in his way

I am glad that God had other plans for my life and stayed with me as I grew up and now stays by my side as I grow older. I am glad my ways were not His ways.




Isaiah 55:8-9New International Version (NIV)

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.
 
My biggest regrets are the times when I did not follow His lead. The times I went my own way. Those are regrettable.
 
Ask God today for directions. Acknowledge His Lordship over you. Watch for His hand in your life. Thank Him for the guidance.
 
Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment