Thursday, January 5, 2017

A Proven Recipe 1/5/2017

Good Morning,

Wow! The cold air has us in a tight grip. I have my Door County White Christmas Coffee at my side. There is nothing like having a steaming cup of coffee in the morning.



I love to cook and I like to eat wild game. I am not ashamed to say that I often use cook books or recipes that I have collected throughout the years to help me turn out a dish worthy of eating. I have several cook books and I have tried many of the tasty recipes inside. Not all the recipes I have tried were appealing to me and have been marked in the book as "don't make again". Others have become favorites for both of us and are made quite often.

What would be a shame to do is to continue to make a recipe that is clearly a mistake, repeating the mistake after you learned that your choice stinks.

No one ever said that people cannot make a mistake. We make bad choices, but do we need to continue with the bad choice? Shouldn't we learn from our mistakes? Shouldn't we place a marker on the bad choices "don't make again"? To continue to make the bad choices without learning is the way of a fool. To know the right choice and then make the correct choice is the way of the wise. God warns us about being a fool.

Don’t keep returning to those mistakes.
1. Proverbs 26:11-12 Like a dog that returns to its vomit, a fool does the same foolish things again and again. People who think they are wise when they are not are worse than fools.

2. 2 Peter 2:22 Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.”

 Forget! Don’t dwell on them which can be dangerous, but instead press forward.

3.  Philippians 3:13 Brothers and sisters, I know that I still have a long way to go. But there is one thing I do: I forget what is in the past and try as hard as I can to reach the goal before me.

4.  Isaiah 43:18-19 Don’t remember the prior things; don’t ponder ancient history. Look! I’m doing a new thing; now it sprouts up; don’t you recognize it? I’m making a way in the desert, paths in the wilderness. The beasts of the field, the jackals and ostriches, will honor me, because I have put water in the desert and streams in the wilderness to give water to my people,  my chosen ones.

If you learn to make the right choices, return to them and remember them as a winner. Continue to make the right choices. They are easier to swallow.


God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment