Wednesday, January 18, 2017

I Wish You Were Better Man 1/18/2017

Good Morning,,

The alarm went off and it was rude! I forgave it for interrupting me during a dream filled with memories. So off I go to pour my cup of Door County Mocha Mint Coffee.



There is a song out there on Country Radio called "I wish you were a better man". It is performed by Little Big Town.  The song has haunting lyrics about a lady that left her man. In the song the man seems to be a guy she just can't count on. Her wish as she sits alone is that he was a better man.

Many years ago I went for breakfast with my best man, my dear friend and accountability partner who always responded when asked how he was doing with a great big "Terrific"!!!!

I can still recall our conversation after we prayed. We both came to the conclusion of what we really already knew, was that we had both "married up". We both were led to admit that we were blessed with two great wives. We did however wonder if they were short on brains for having married us.

Genesis 2:22New International Version (NIV)
22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

Both of us talked about our short comings and agreed that our wives could have done better. We also agreed that they could have done worse. Most of all, we both committed to pray for each other to grow as better men. My dear friend passed away a few years ago. I can see how his wife loves and serves the Lord. I see how his daughter loves and serves the Lord. It is proof to me that he was what he needed to be to them. He set an example for them and for me.

Men we all need to accept that we were blessed to have God create our wives and families. When our wives were conceived, God was already preparing to bring them to each of us. She is a gift and deserves all that we can be. Will we let her down? Sure we will. But with every defeat we can learn how to be a better man. That's all they ask for. Treat her like the special gift that she is. We need to be able to be counted on. We need to fill in at the gaps.

Have a TERRIFIC day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment