Monday, October 31, 2016

God's People Do Good Works. 10/31/2016

Good Morning,

Monday came in as expected but I will bet many of us did not roll out the welcome mat. I just filled my cup with Door County Harvest Blend Coffee and now it is time to write.

Nehemiah 2:17-18New International Version (NIV)
17 Then I said to them, “You see the trouble we are in: Jerusalem lies in ruins, and its gates have been burned with fire. Come, let us rebuild the wall of Jerusalem, and we will no longer be in disgrace. 18 I also told them about the gracious hand of my God on me and what the king had said to me.
They replied, “Let us start rebuilding.” So they began this good work.

We see in this passage that Nehemiah knew that the walls of Jerusalem needed to be rebuilt. The task was monumental to say the least. But the call came from God and Nehemiah shared the word. The people of God responded and began to rebuild the walls.



The church where I worship and serve is a lot like that. We needed a worship center and it was laid on our hearts to build one. Collectively the funds were raised ( No Loans). Once there was enough money to start we pitched in and together we built a large auditorium while not failing to perform ministry duties. I am proud of what God built through all those volunteers.

Friends, pay attention within your churches. There are needs there that you can meet. You either have the skills and ability or you are able to help and pay to get it done. But are you waiting for someone else to do it. Someone else does not exist. If God has shown you the work, it is intended for you to help.

If the Bible were written today, what would it say about all of us? Are we wall builders and hard workers for God?

The answer to that question lies in our hearts. What did yours say?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment