Wednesday, October 5, 2016

A Classy Family and Their Impression 10/5/2016

Good Morning,

I just woke up and filled my mug with Door County Frosted Cinnamon Buns Coffee and grabbed a banana for breakfast. It might not sound like a winner to you but my breakfast is just right for me.

Yesterday I watched a conversation that I was having go to a nostalgic side in no time flat. It seems as if my co-worker and I grew up in the same general area as kids and went to a lot of the same places. While talking about our history she mentioned that a lady she works closely with also knew and married someone from that area. She gave the last name of the lady ( which would be her married name) and I knew the man she married. As a matter of fact I knew the whole family. We went to the same grade school. I have a very dear friend who is a little older than me and as she is reading this she is dying to know who it is. She too went to that same school. The picture I have attached shows the school in the background and the church we attended. I have very few photos from those days.



I went over to see this lady who married into the family I knew and she started filling me in on all of them. I haven't seen them as adults but as she spoke I was picturing them in my mind as the kids I used to know. We laughed and then I had to say something and I did not hold back. When I pictured that family my mouth spoke what remained on my heart. "They were a classy family, really good people". I have know idea what history might have done with them, but this family always impressed me. When you saw one of them you usually saw a couple more or all of them. They always seemed very close despite the difference in age ranges of the kids. I always admired their closeness.

Once grade school was done with and we moved on to high school we lost track of each other. But after listening to the daughter in law about how they are all doing, well? It's still a family to admire.

What impression does your family leave with others? John 13:35New International Version (NIV)
35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” When I saw that family I saw a group that loved each other. That's the impression that was burned into my brain.

How about yours?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment