Sunday, October 9, 2016

North Dakota Ducks And Us 10/9/2016

Good Morning,

I will be filling my Thermos bottle with Door County Autumn Spice Coffee soon and then jumping into the Old Ford Truck. Gibbs and I will be heading out to North Dakota for a week of duck hunting.



This is an annual trip made with good friends and great dogs. For five days I can get my fill of soggy marshes, gun powder and wet dogs. There is the chance of some cold weather. I have all my gear packed but I am sure that I forgot something. I always do. But here's the nice thing. There are seven other guys going and they are like me. They always pack extra of something. If I don't have what I need they will have it and we are all willing to share. That is how duck hunters roll. We are there to hunt ducks but we are also there for tour partners. It's a better hunt if we all pull together and look out for the best interest of the group.

1 Timothy 6:18   
They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share.

We should all apply this theology to daily living at home, church and work. We should never be self centered and miss the opportunity to help one another. Well this one is short but it is powerful.

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment