Saturday, October 22, 2016

Setting The Table 10/22/2016

Good Morning,

Hey I am headed out to hunt and it's cold out there today. I filled my Thermos Bottle with steaming hot Door County Maple Coffee. For me the maple coffee just screams let's hunt and be cold!



Last night Rene and I decided to make "Brinner". This is the term used for eating breakfast food for dinner. We feasted on pumpkin spice pancakes and fired pork sausages. We set the dinner table with some of our finer dishes and the two of us prayed, then we ate. Homemade maple syrup was at my side with some Wisconsin butter on top of my pancakes.

Rene remarked that this was a real joy to be able to use the good plates but it was a shame that we did not light a candle or two. For me, I am all about the food and the plates were added just for her. now candle lit dinners well for me that's for the movies. Yet I bent and went and got matches and lit the candles. "Brinner" took longer than normal to eat. It seems that once we had the table set we took more time to eat and talk. Rene was informed earlier about the passing of a friend and that had her down. "Brinner" candles, and just talking at the table seemed to make things better.

I learned something. A table that is set for eating is less likely to allow interruptions to enter the dining time. The television was off. The radio was playing some light music. But instead of eating on the run like we do 60% of the time we dedicated a hour to eating, talking and praying. I have decided that being in a rush and too busy is an enemy to families.

Psalm 23:5New King James Version (NKJV)
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.

When we set that table we did not really intend to have an encounter with peace, quiet and some time with God. I sat back and realized that it was God that had really set a table of joy for us. He kicked butt on being too busy.

So slow down, take time to dine, shake it up and eat breakfast for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment