Friday, October 28, 2016

Built From The Ground Up 10/28/2016

Good Morning,


Door County Autumn Spice Coffee is the flavor of the day. Let's spread some sunshine and happiness today.


 
I was recalling the when we built our home 1000 years ago. After the land purchase was competed and we decided on what our home was to look like we checked or available dollars and selected a contractor to build the home.

The first event that took place in the building project was to excavate a hole in the ground for the foundation and basement. I remember driving out to the construction site and when I saw that hole it looked like the Grand Canyon to me. I never thought that hole in the ground would amount to anything. The builder came over to talk to me whole I was gawking into the hole and recommended that we spend some more money to add extra gravel to better ensure a strong foundation. We did as he asked and it really did not add much to the cost. I am glad we did. The house although needing some remodeling has not had any issues with the foundation. It seems to be still standing firm after 1000 years.


But there is more to a house becoming a home. Each home needs a solid foundation. The Builder of the home has the Master Plan.


Psalm 127New King James Version (NKJV)
127 Unless the Lord builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the Lord guards the city,
The watchman stays awake in vain.

So if the family is to stand. God needs to be the builder of the family. He is the great foundation.

Have a great one!

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment