Monday, October 17, 2016

Pheasant Soup For What Ails You. 10/7/2016

Good Morning,

I hear the pot brewing the Door County Caramel Apple Coffee in the kitchen.

I still have a cold that is kicking my butt. I took a good shot at the cure with some pheasant and dumpling soup yesterday. The soup set the illness back a little and with a warm stomach I slept very well. I am convinced that rest and a proper diet with plenty of fluids combined with prayer and I will be back to normal soon.



I am a firm believer in hot soup with plenty of garlic to battle a cold. More than that that I believe in prayer. I have prayed for myself and I know that there are others praying for me.

Exodus 23:25New International Version (NIV)
25 Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you,

It is the prayer that I covet the most.  During my down time I have had time to reflect, read and learn. In between I have been sleeping, trying to renew my strength. So when you are down and do not quite need a doctor, do the course of action that God lays out. When thirsty drink. Eat hot soup and when you are tired, sleep. God built our bodies to know what they need. Water, food and rest.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment