Saturday, October 8, 2016

Forgiveness Is Not A One Way Road 10/8/2016

Good Morning,

This is a great day to be alive. Door County Frosted Cinnamon Buns Coffee in my cup, sun is shining and I am packing for a duck hunting trip. Sometimes the best parts of a trip are the planning and then the memories.


Psalm 32:1-5

Blessed is the one
    whose transgressions are forgiven,
    whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the one
    whose sin the Lord does not count against them
    and in whose spirit is no deceit.
When I kept silent,
    my bones wasted away
    through my groaning all day long.
For day and night
    your hand was heavy on me;
my strength was sapped
    as in the heat of summer.
Then I acknowledged my sin to you
    and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, “I will confess
    my transgressions to the Lord.”
And you forgave
    the guilt of my sin
 
Every page of the Bible has words that can inspire, teach, correct and love. This passage for me is some of the most beautiful words I have read through the years.  I for one have done my share of sinning and although I am not what I used to be by far, I, like everyone else am a sinner saved by grace. Thank God I for what we will be some day.
 
This passage reminds me of what God has done for me through Jesus Christ. A sinner washed clean and saved. Sins forgiven then and now. A life set on the right path by grace.
 
But I have to remember that as freely as I was forgiven, I must bestow forgiveness on those who wrong me from time to time. We can't receive forgiveness without immediately, if not before, asking to be forgiven , grant it to others. In other words, forgive first, then ask for yourself!
 
Matthew 6:12
 Forgive our sins, as we forgive those who have sinned against us.
 
The road of forgiveness runs two ways. It can get jammed up if both lanes are not open.
 
Have a great day.
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment