Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Now What Do We Do? 10/26/2018

Good Morning,

Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee is decorating the inside of my mug, and pleasing my palette as I write. Let's get started.



Have you ever been put into a situation that seemed impossible to solve and you even started wondering as to how you ever got yourself into this mess anyway? I know that I can say, "I've been there". Time after time one fine predicament after another I have found myself in some pretty impossible situations.

The picture above shows former members of our youth group working on a team building obstacle course. They are all stranded on a platform. The goal is to get as many kids off of the platform and on to the tire swing as they can in ten minutes. Any kid that touches the ground is disqualified. The task is quite difficult. Have you ever been stuck on the platform of life wondering what to do next?
Sure you have. Everyone of those kids had an idea on how to do it. Not many of the ideas were alike. It's the same way for us. When in a jam, we will have many people tell us how to handle it. They all sound like good ideas but we are still fighting uncertainty.

Well, we could always pray and seek an answer for the directions we need. God is always faithful to provide wisdom and guidance.

Jeremiah 33:3New International Version (NIV)
‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’
 
 James 1:5New International Version (NIV)
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

We can go to the Almighty God through prayer and He will answer and show you the direction through the dilemma or life choice. We just have to trust Him. Why fall in or stay stranded when the answer is just a prayer away?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment