Saturday, October 15, 2016

Scrub Brush For Your Back 10/15/16

Good Morning,

My cup of Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee is steaming next to me and our dog Gibbs is tired and has retreated to his bed. Rene is working at the medical center and the last of my pheasants from the year before were thawed and are slowly cooking. They will be made into two dishes. I will have a large pot of fresh Minestrone Soup done by noon and the rest will be made into Fajitas. "Fine Dining."



I love a nice hot shower. Who doesn't? I like to use a lot of soap and we usually do not use the store brand commercial soaps. Rene purchases soaps that are made and sold in small shops. I like the soaps with a mint type aroma. I like to use a long brush designed to reach over the shoulder and down my back. I have always thought that our backs although showered with water often get neglected because our arms just aren't made for backwashing.  You are probably saying right now, "too much information on this guy in the shower".  But here's the point.

Some people like to clean up their lives but only to a point. They still carry some of the sins that they like to keep. They have been convicted of the need for a Savior and they invite Jesus in to save them. That's a great start in the best direction. Next the Holy Spirit convicts them of the need to change their lives and become more like Jesus. That's when many stall out and no longer continue to grow in their walk with the Lord. There are just those couple of things that they see as harmless, but aren't. I have nothing against drinking alcohol but I do think that getting hammered, even occasionally is a sin. We all have a thing or two that we have not allowed the Holy Spirit to fully clean up. The reason we do not submit to the clean up is because we are still attracted to those sins and have convinced ourselves that "Oh it won't hurt".

This is like taking a shower and not washing your back. Your back gets rinsed off and is technically clean, but it was never scrubbed. We leave a little dirt because we are too cheap or lazy to purchase a brush. I ask you now to take some time and ask the Holy Spirit to show you what you need to scrub away from your life. You already know, but a quick reminder can't hurt.

Psalm 139:23-24King James Version (KJV)
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Go ahead shower yourself clean and fresh with the power of the Holy Spirit.

Have a great day!

Marty

4 comments: