Saturday, April 30, 2016

Cast Your Cares. Then Wait. 4/30/2016

Good Morning,

Saturday is upon us and I need to take a cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee with me and head off to work. We are really busy right now. Good to be needed!

I like to fish for bass. My favorite lure is  a top water floater.  Once I place my lure where I want it by casting the bait, I find that I have the most success when I let the lure sit still after it splashes down. The bass knows that it is there while it decides what to do. If the lure moves too soon it usually gets no attention from the lunker below.

I know a lot of people who are struggling through issues right now. They need to cast their cares to the right place and wait. The right spot is God. Once the cast has been made we must sit still and wait for directions. Once we twitch and start moving on our own, we walk away from the attention our cares need. Fishing takes patience as well as waiting on the Lord.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. 

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your cares upon Him for He cares for you. 

Hang in there.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment