Friday, April 15, 2016

Put Your Love To The Test 4-15-2016

Good Morning,

Friday sure took it's time getting here. There is nothing like celebrating a new day with a big cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee. So with my cup close by I write from the heart.

Matthew 25:40  "And the King will answer and say to them,  Assuredly I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these, My brothers, you did it to me. 

I noticed on social media recently that there are more and more quizzes and personality tests than ever before. Take this quiz and find out what you would do on a deserted island. More of these are available every day.

I haven't seen one yet that asks anyone to test their love for God. So I developed one for all of us. Everyone loves elderly people. Many people perform wonderful kind acts for these older saints. Christmas is especially the time of year when people visit nursing homes.  They get "their feel good on" and come back the following year for their annual dose of Christmas Spirit.

How many people would go because of their love for God and wash the feet of these old folks and then rub those tired wrinkled limbs with lotion each week for a month where no one would know they were doing it? Could you do that and never complain? How would you respond in love for some old feet? Can God count on you? God never asks us to do something He wouldn't do.

Go ahead. Test your love.

Marty

1 comment:

  1. 2 The evening meal was in progress, and the devil had already prompted Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus. 3 Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; 4 so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. 5 After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

    6 He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”

    7 Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”

    8 “No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.”

    Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”

    ReplyDelete