Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Hauling Dirt 4-26-2016

Good Morning,

Let's start this day off right with a cup of coffee and some prayer. My mug will be filled with Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee.



Last night after work I made a stop at the local garden supply. We need a large amount of top soil to make some landscape repairs. Sunday I brought home 20 bags in the Old Ford. The weather accommodated me laying out the soil in the worst of the low spots.  Everything cooperated.

Now yesterday was a little different.  They garden supply center only had four bags of dirt. I purchased all four. Just as I paid for the soil it started raining like the skies had burst. After waiting 20 minutes the rain slowed down long enough to load the truck and scoot home.  Once I got home the clouds dumped again.  Every time I started to unload the dirt it poured buckets of water from the sky.

So this morning I will head off to work with a load of dirt in the Old Ford.

A lot of people carry a load of  dirt because they haven't unloaded their truck . I am talking about carrying a hurt or a grudge. My Old Ford could carry more Items today if I had unloaded the dirt. Instead, my truck bed is limited.  When we use heart space to harbor hurt and pain we limit our ability to have our hearts filled with peace and love.

Isn't it time to unload your heart and make room for love, peace and joy?

Proverbs 19:11. The discretion of a man makes him slow to anger.  And his glory is to overlook a transgression.

I can vouch for the dirt in my truck. It is heavy. But a load of flowers will be a lot lighter.

Lighten your load today.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment