Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Syrup Jar and a Visit 4-10-2016

Good Morning,

I am running late today. We woke up to ice pellets falling out of the heavens this morning.  So my Door County Jingle Bell Java Coffee is appropriate for the day. It is the last of my Christmas holiday flavors until I break out a little in July. Something to look forward to.

If you then, being evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
Matthew 7:11.

Next weekend we are looking forward to having some visitors.  My dad will be here to take part in the Stars and Stripes Honor Flight for his service in the Korean War.



Our daughter Kristy is flying in from Florida to be with the family and celebrate.  I was hoping to have a pancake breakfast with her. She does a lot for others and although she is not a veteran she too could use some TLC from time to time. I was discussing this with a friend. I was explaining what type of pancakes I was hoping to make. It looks like pumpkin will be the plated delight. My friend said that she knew just what I needed to make the pancakes the perfect breakfast.  The next day there was a gift package on my desk. It contained a freshly made jar of maple syrup.  It came right from the woods of Wisconsin. She and some other ladies make syrup together every year.

I am not writing about this to make you hungry but to tell you how special I want this weekend to be. The weekend has been the subject of much prayer. If the flight never takes off we will all be together. God cares about even the little things. I have asked Him to be near and watch over all the travel. He will be here and I guess He knew that good pancakes are always better with great syrup. My friend made the syrup and delivered it. But who really provided it? All good comes from above. Those mature maple trees were growing a long time ago. But God knew ahead that some of their sweet sap would grace our table.

So today, acknowledge the small things and be thankful.  By the way. God provided real butter also. But that's another day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment