Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Don't Keep Score 4/7/2016.

Good Morning,

Today is Thursday and I have Friday in my sight. I spent a long time in prayer last night. I think we all have had those nights.
My cup is filled with Door County Cherry Creme Coffee. Can't wait to down one. So let's go!

I have played enough sports in my life to know that at the end of the game the score will always indicate who the winner is. That's how sports go. Always a winner and when there is a winner, there has to be a loser. In life someone gets the job and someone doesn't.

That is not how God wants us to treat our relationships. We should never keep score of rights and wrongs.  Whenever we keep score of transgressions or the good things we did for the other person there will be a loser and I must say there is never a winner. Jesus gave us the example of not keeping score. We are to do good without ceasing.  We are to forgive beyond measure.

Matthew 18:3-21. Then Peter came to Him and said,  "Lord how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" 
Jesus said to him, I do not say up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

Seventy times seven means an immeasurable amount.  A game needs a winner. Relationships are best when scores are not kept.  Everyone wins when the ultimate goal is to live to love and be the best we can be for others.

Let's practice what Jesus taught. When we forgive, we all win.

God bless. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment