Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Empty Cupboards 4/19/2016

Good Morning,

The java machine is spewing out the Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee at a fast pace this morning.  This day has a lot for me to do already.

John 6:12 So when they were filled,  He said to His disciples, " Gather up the fragments that remain, so that nothing is lost.

Today our kitchen remodel begins. Last night we had to move things and empty all of the cupboards.  It seemed so odd to see every cupboard empty and bare. Rene and I have always been blessed to have full or almost full shelves.

I sat down and prayed and thanked God for all He blessed us with over the years.When I sat and looked into those empty cabinets I knew that all we have is a gift from God.

What really bothered me was this. While emptying the shelves I found some food that was in the back and it had expired.  To me that meant we had not been good stewards of our gifts. We try never to waste anything.  In our abundance we should have shared and put these items to good use. We devised to take stock when the new cupboards are installed and only purchase what we need after the stock has been checked. We will plan our meals around what needs to be used or we will give those items to others to use.

Waste not want not.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment