Sunday, April 24, 2016

April Showers And Seeing God 4-24-2016

Good Morning,

What a perfect day for a cup of Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee! One now and then the travel mug will be filled for a trip to church. I will be visiting with an old friend today for a awhile. Sunday is always special but seeing an old friend just makes the coffee sweeter.

April has delivered it's share of rain to many areas of the world. Our area has been blessed with plenty.  I know some parts of Texas would like to see a little less rain. Houston for sure would like to see the flood waters recede.

I don't always understand the reasons God has behind floods or severe weather. But what I do know is this. I enjoy flowers in our yard and especially the wild flowers growing in the front yard. In order for the flowers to grow they need rain. Despite where it happens and how, God is replenishing the Earth with the water it needs.

So when I see hummingbirds, butterflies, and bees in our garden I am reminded that God provided the sun and the rain that fed the garden.

Job 5:10 He gives rain on the Earth and sends waters on the fields.

Yesterday I saw the first of the wild flowers starting to peek out from the soil. I said to myself " thank you Lord. You are alive and well.  In you I can trust.

God bless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment