Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Robins Nest

Good Morning,

My day began with an impatient Springer Spaniel urging me to get moving. He heard the java machine gurgling my Door County Cherry Creme Coffee into the carafe.

To help heal this cold heal up I had to leave work early yesterday.  The weather was warm and the sun was shining. I let Gibbs run around in the yard for a few minutes and I started to pick up some yard debris from some of the latest storms.  The day before I had picked up some heavy grasses that had died from the winter. I had piled it neatly in place to be thrown out.
 I ran out of energy and decided to rest. The picnic table provided my rest stop. I saw that my neat pile was strewn about. I moved away and sat resting this illness. Then I saw a robin fly into my pile and extract a piece of straw and return to the nest she is building. My energy spent, I sat and watched  this over achiever work and work on her nest. I was impressed with her diligence. I wrote about this robin last week. We watched a robin in the same tree last year and were able to capture pictures of the babies. The nest is higher this year and if I want to get pictures it will be from our roof. That is not going to happen!


Here's the point. Her work ethic is impressive. She is working for her family. Shouldn't we all strive for a good work ethic?

Proverbs 12:11 He who tills his land will be satisfied with bread. But he who follows frivolity is devoid of understanding. 

I will keep a watch over the nest and see what happens. But regardless of what comes about. I have concluded that our little friend is one hard worker.

Have a great day. Work hard. It has a reward.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment