Sunday, March 27, 2016

Love Kept Him There 3/27/2016

Good Morning,

Easter Sunday has arrived and to celebrate our Risen Savior I will raise my mug of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee in praise and say thank you for bearing the sins of the world on the cross. Most of all I will bow my head and say I'm sorry that mine were there.

We honor Christ's resurrection today. Friday we remembered His death. Have you ever wondered what kept in on the cross that day? I know I have spent hours wondering why He stayed on the cross.

In my research I found many answers. Much reading went into this journey.

1. It was God's plan right from the start.
2. Jesus was obedient unto death.
3. Jesus fulfilled the many prophecies of His death, burial,  and resurrection. What God says will happen, always happens.

Within my studies and search I found some things that did not keep Jesus on the cross.

1. The huge spikes running through His hands and feet did not keep Him there.
2. Armed Roman guards did not keep Him there.

Here is what I found that kept Jesus on the cross.  It is something we all can experience, and give to others. LOVE KEPT HIM THERE. Love for a lost world. Love for you and me.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. John 15:13

Friends you are loved. An empty cross and grave prove it.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment