Saturday, March 26, 2016

The Day After 3/26/2016

Good Morning,

I have a cup of Door County Jingle Bell Java next to me as a write to you this morning. The skies are clear and the scenery is painted with a heavy frost. It is very quiet in the house. I was outside for a couple of minutes with our dog Gibbs earlier and it was so quiet and still that I thought I could hear my heartbeat. As I look out the window I can see a robin in the crab apple tree making a nest. I hope that it is filled with eggs and tweeting babies soon. Just like last year. I guess you can say that this is a beautiful morning.



Tomorrow we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus from the grave. Yesterday we marked the day "Good Friday" as the day He was laid in the tomb. Not much is ever said about the day in between. The day when there was no Jesus to be seen or heard from. Heaven was silent. As bad as the suffering was on the cross, just a day before those around Jesus still had Him with them. There was hope, I assume some who had witnessed His miracles were waiting for the cross to be split in half and for Jesus to stand boldly, healed from all the torture. That did not happen. He died and was buried. With that, the funeral plans were set in motion. I have been part of a few funerals for loved ones. To me the most awkward days are the ones in between the passing and the funeral. No one is really ever sure of what to do or why. I am sure that is how they all felt so many years ago.

But what they forgot was this. Jesus promised His resurrection.

Matthew 16:21English Standard Version (ESV)

Jesus Foretells His Death and Resurrection

21 From that time Jesus began to show his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised.

Since the apostles had not received the Holy Spirit yet they did not recall all that Jesus had taught. They were caught in the "not knowing what to do mode". They weren't waiting at the tomb for the event. But we have a Risen Savior who sits at the right hand of God the Father alive and well. Today should be preparations for celebration. We know what tomorrow means. We should be preparing our hearts for celebrating Christ's victory over sin and death.  We actually could celebrate daily.

John 3:16New King James Version (NKJV)

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Plan ahead for tomorrow. Be on time for church. Spruce yourself up a little. Make plans to be with those you love. Make time to say thank you to the One who died for you and me.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment