Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Shattered Like Glass 3/2/2016

Good Morning,

What a cold day we are having for March 2nd. 10 degrees to start the day. I will be warming up with some Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and a piece of toast. It's going to be a long day.

Tonight I will be attending a ceremony to honor the life of a friend. This aged fella passed away last week and we will be celebrating his life at one of the local churches. My friend knew the Lord Jesus Christ as his personal Savior and his life reflected the fruits of that relationship. So there is no doubt in my mind that he is spending eternity with God

But as with any death in any family, the loss is like shattered glass. When glass breaks and shatters it seems as if it can never be put back together. To be honest, that is pretty much true for glass. But when life seems shattered and unable to be repaired that's when God does His best work.

Isaiah 41:10New King James Version (NKJV)
10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
 
God is the only one who can take shattered lives and restore them. He is the only One who can heal the wounds that life delivers.  If you wonder how some people can survive through a family calamity such as multiple deaths at one time, and you see them living and moving on, you will find that they relied on their faith in God.
 
If you are going through a life shattering event right now, please call out to God and ask Him to carry you through. Don't go it alone.
 
God bless,
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment