Thursday, March 24, 2016

Old Coins And Worth 3/24/2016

Good Morning,

Enjoying a cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee is eluding me today. It seems like my mind is a million miles away.

At the end of each day I always empty my pants pocket and remove whatever change I have acquired during the day from whatever purchases I made. I put the money in a cup and when the cup is full Rene takes it to the bank and deposits the change in an account for our grandson. But yesterday as I was taking some change out of my pocket I noticed a quarter (25 cents) that looked old and tarnished.
To my surprise it was from 1967. My mind wanders without any need to direct it to take a journey. But I started wondering about all the places that quarter might have been since 1967. How many purchases was it involved in? How many people might have carried the quarter?

Here's all I know from my wandering mind. In 1967 it was worth 25 cents in a purchase. In 2016 it was part of my change in a purchase and was still worth 25 cents. But I can safely assume that in some way, that coin was used and was now used again.

Despite being almost 50 years old it was still having an impact in 2016, as it was in 1967. It had a purpose and was recirculated to who knows where for who knows what. It continued all these years to use it's purpose and is still of value.

We have all been given some talents or skills. It would be a shame to be selfish and not use them. If we use our given talents or skills for others we can make a difference. Being needed and used for good allows us to "recirculate" and live with a purpose. Our talents and skills are always needed and can be used. Don't store your talents for a rainy day. Use them and recirculate what you were given.

James 1:17              
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Have a nice day. Use those talents.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment