Thursday, March 3, 2016

Keep It Simple 3/3/2016

Good Morning,

I hope the sun is shining on you today wherever you are. I wish I could share my Door County Jingle Bell Java Coffee with the world today. It's just one of those days when you want to share something good with others.

I heard someone say as they were reflecting on the life of another person last night. "He kept it simple". That thought stuck in my mind as I traveled home later. I kept thinking "if we all just took the Bible for what it said to do or not to do and then did or did not do according to what it said, life would be so much simpler."

The Bible is God's Word to us.

2 Timothy 3:16-17New King James Version (NKJV)
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

In God's word we are told to love our neighbors, pay taxes, love God with all our hearts and minds, not to steal, not to kill, work hard, enjoy our labor, raise our children, not to worry, don't be angry, pray much, forgive more, believe in eternal life through Jesus Christ, and the list goes on. It sure seems to me that this is the simple outline for life. Nothing in my small list is too hard to do. I think if we find life too mind boggling we should just do what God says to do through His Word. But that implies that you will open it up, read and then obey.

Now that's keeping it very simple. And notice this. It is cut and dried, no wiggle room for misinterpretation. It doesn't get much easier to figure out the right way to go.

Have a great day and keep it simple.

Love you all,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment