Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Not made For This Time 3/15/2016

Hello and Good Morning,

My day is starting with oatmeal, toast and a cup of Door County Red Velvet Mocha. I need to order some more of that flavor. The old pantry just gave up the last of it.

Hebrews 13:8New King James Version (NKJV)
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

 
 
The pictures above were taken while on vacation a few years ago. The first one was taken inside the lighthouse and the other was taken outside. While taking the tour of the lighthouse you are reminded that many years ago these beacons were manned and the living conditions for the lighthouse keeper and his family were very primitive. Loneliness and living off of the land seemed to be just part of the job. Whenever we tour old historic sites I always tell Rene "I could live here". I usually get this for an answer. "By yourself!" I am one that does not need television, big crowds, major shopping, or freeways. I often walk away thinking that I was born in the wrong era. But I am writing to you from a computer. I guess we would have had difficulty reaching the readers from yesterday in India and Guatemala. I think about the hard work involved in the "old life", it is different but still work. I think about the food and it probably was different, but it was food. I think about reading in front of a fire without the television invading my quiet. Life was different then compared to now.

Matthew 24:35New King James Version (NKJV)
35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

Two things haven't changed. The Bible hasn't changed and is still the Word of God. Jesus hasn't changed and won't. He came to forgive. He did, and still does and always will. He came to save a lost world and always will.  I truly believe those statements. So besides not being able to run to Taco Bell anytime I wanted to, I guess I would have fit in well, during the "Old Days". The best things never change with time. And those two are the best.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment