Thursday, March 31, 2016

First Mosquito 3/31/2016

Good Morning.

Door County Hawaiian Hazelnut Coffee is dripping into the carafe and the aroma has filled the house.



I will be looking tonight to see if the robin's nest survived some strong weather last night. It was pretty rough.
Last night prior to dark I surveyed the yard and prepared for the storms. The nest was almost complete. While walking the yard our Springer Spaniel Gibbs was bounding about.  The emergency generator started and went through it's automatic weekly test run.
All seemed well and then I saw it. My first mosquito of the year graced me with his or her presence. It seemed as if my little paradise had been invaded. No one dislikes mosquitoes more than I do.

My purpose is this. I did stay outside as long as I could and I enjoyed the warm dry weather that was present. I did not let a pest or small disappointment rob me of the gift of fresh air.  Things come along each day that are not desired or in the plan. But if we let them ruin the whole day we lose a day of our life to anger or frustration.

Proverbs 15:13. A merry hesrt makes a cheerful face.But by sorrow the heart is broken. 

So don't sweat the small stuff. Look for the good today.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment