Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Forgotten Prayer 3/30/16

Good Morning.

Door County Highlander Grog Coffee is brewing in the kitchen and our dog is ready to run. Looks like Wednesday is here to stay.

Last night I received an email from a friend who let me know that while riding his bike earlier, he was struck by a student driver. His bike is a wreck and he has some injuries.  I replied that I would pray for him and I did. As I was thinking about it later I was very angry with myself. I had forgotten to pray for the student driver. This young person made a mistake and probably feels terrible. No lives were lost and my friend's bike can be replaced. I know the heart of my friend and the driver was probably forgiven within seconds of the accident. I did pray for this teenager.  But was disappointed that I was not smart enough to get it right the first time. I was too self centered and thought I knew what was best for the situation. God had to correct me again.

We need to always include all parties in prayer. When we go to pray we should ask God to show us the big picture before we pray. We wouldn't want to forget anyone. Even the one who made the mistake needs comfort.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with g roanings which cannot be uttered. 

Pray often. But don't forget to consult with the Holy Spirit.  He will direct you to all the prayer needed for everyone.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment