Saturday, May 23, 2015

What Is God Doing Today? 5/23/2015

Good Morning,

A beautiful morning has just popped up in my part of the world. All is quiet here with just the birds letting their lungs exercise with an orchestra of cooing and chirping. My mug is filled with Door County Coconut Crush Coffee.

Psalm 121:3–4
He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep


John 5:17New King James Version (NKJV)
17 But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working

We can see from the verses written above that God never sleeps and is always working. God is busy doing something right now as I sit here plucking at keys on the computer. This weekend is a three day holiday weekend in the United States. It is devoted to remembering our fallen men and women who have fought for our freedom and for the freedom of others.

So it seems that many of us have some extra time to observe God and see what He is doing. So now I am looking out my window and I am not seeing God do anything but raise the sun. That is a huge feat and He certainly does not need me to help him perform that.

But what I can do is be prayerful the next few days (HOPEFULLY EVERY DAY)  and ask God to show me what He is doing and inquire to see if I can join in. For instance you might be enjoying a picnic somewhere and you see some people walking by. Does God want you to offer a drink and some food? Ask Him! The Holy Spirit will let you know in your heart. My friend Steve and I once went to a local area where homeless people congregate after God laid it heavy on my heart to share some food and coffee with them. It wasn't a huge amount of people we encountered that day, but a couple received a sweet treat and some coffee. We were obedient to what God wanted done. Maybe someone needs a ride to church. God wants them to be there, you could assist.  While walking and getting in your cardio workout for the day, maybe God tugs at your heart to turn left instead of turning right. You might encounter someone who needs a smile of encouragement.

In order to do this you have to pray, listen and be obedient to the call from God.

Your day could be  "ordained from above" if you want it to be. You might be the answer to someone's prayer if you are willing to ask.

How about putting this in your "day planner"? God can do all things without us. But wouldn't it be nice to be working right along side of Him?

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment