Monday, May 4, 2015

Jesse And Katy 5/4/2014

Good Morning,

My day is starting and my brain is trying to wrap itself around the weekend and all that I saw God doing through others, for others. So as I sip my Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee I must also smile and look up. Our God is an awesome God.

The weekend was busy performing a fund raiser for our church's mission team and their summer mission trip. I have been on too many short term mission trips to keep count now. But as I prepare for another one this summer my mind wanders back to a lot of the people I met or ministered with.



There are two that Rene and I had in youth group many years ago who went on short term mission trips in high school and  later on agreed to help me lead a trip to Peru. Both are a little older now and have turned out to be just what I thought they would be. Fine Christian women is a description that applies in so many ways. They always had a heart for the lost, the underdog, the misfit, and both were not afraid to work. One still goes on mission trips and uses the skills she picked up over the years to benefit the Kingdom. The other one is on a mission at home raising her children and supporting her husband in ministry. Much of her younger years were spent serving the Lord in children's camps. Both are, two very busy people for the Lord.

I am not writing this to brag on them. I had a little influence in their lives, but not as much as their parents who raised what I call Proverbs Kids.

Proverbs 22:6New King James Version (NKJV)
Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.
 
Their parents saw which way they were bent in ministry or wired and did all they could to support and nurture them toward that service. How about you? Have you figured out your child? How are they wired for the Lord? How are they wired for a vocation? Are you nurturing the way they are to go or are you leading a direction of your desire?
 
It all started with the example set at home.
 
God bless,
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment