Sunday, May 3, 2015

Ham And Rolls For Missions 5/3/2015

Good Morning,

Pardon my short message this morning. I am headed out the door with a cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee in my hand. I have to get to church early. Our mission team is working on selling hot ham and rolls to assist in funding this summer's mission trip. Later this week I will focus on what we will actually be doing.

In leading mission trips for quite a few years and knowing that relative strangers will be staying with each other for several days I like to perform fund raisers to see how the team works together. The funds raised also help to offset the dollars each team member needs to raise. But I like to see how they function as a team. Who works without needing too many directions, who stands in the gap, who can lead, who is the weakest in the bunch. It helps me to pray and to be able to correctly match team members to a task. In Ministry, team work, unity and looking out for the other person at all times is extremely important.

1 Corinthians 12:20-25
              
As it is, there are many parts, yet one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and on those parts of the body that we think less honorable we bestow the greater honor, and our un-presentable parts are treated with greater modesty, which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, ...

Philippians 2:1-30

So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus


I have used these two verses and prayer to lead and develop teams in the past. If you are contemplating a short term mission trip, read these verses. If God is calling you to go, seek to develop the heart that is needed to live these two verses. In ministry, especially short term mission trips a diverse armory of talents is often needed. But most of all people that are willing to serve the Lord, and the other members of the team is the greatest talent or gift needed.

I can smell that ham with cloves all the way to my house.

Have a great day.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment