Friday, May 15, 2015

Men, Love Your Wives 5/15/2015

      Good Morning Friends,

Friday arrived in a hurry this week. Where did the time go? My Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee is hot and ready to go. Time to leave for work in a few minutes.

I was talking to a young man this week who is contemplating marriage with a nice young lady. I asked him this question. "How should you love your wife". He gave me an answer that left me less than impressed.

"I would love her through leading the family and her. I would let her assist me when needed as I plan on having her be a stay at home mother to raise our kids." So I asked him what his thoughts were as to how she should love him. That reply left me speechless for about thirty seconds. "She would be submissive to my leadership, raise our children and home school them. Our house would be clean and kept and meals wouldn't need to be perfect but at least they should be balanced."

I then asked him what he thought about the following passage.
Ephesians 5:25English Standard Version (ESV)
25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,

Again he replied, "Christ loves the church and leads it. And the church in turn follows."

I agreed but then went on to explain that Christ loves the church, but the church is us. People are the church. Jesus died out of love for the people who He came to save. He was the ultimate Servant. A husband who loves his wife is a strong leader, a hard worker, a tender hearted man, who has learned to serve his wife and family. To be a loving husband one needs to also be a servant. Jesus came to serve not be served. Men we need to be the first out of bed and the last one to sleep. It isn't just mom's job to assist with homework. Any guy can fry some eggs and make pancakes once in awhile. This young man had the wrong idea about loving his bride.

I advised this young fella to hold off on marriage until he could see his wife as more than a servant to him.

We'll see what happens.

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment